The Church of the Convent takes its name from the adjacent Convent of the Observant Friars, now disused. The architectural complex, originally located on the royal trazzera, was a meeting point for numerous wayfarers and pilgrims. Architecturally, the single-nave quadrangular cult building does not present any particular details. The facade is decorated with simple stucco elements. Inside there are works of art from most of the heritage, from the ancient inhabited center of Gioiosa Guardia. Noteworthy are a wooden statue depicting the Immaculate Virgin of 1780, an oil on canvas of the seventeenth century depicting the Decollation of St. John the Baptist and another painting by Olivo Sozzi depicting the Madonna with San Francesco and Sant'Antonio on the sides.